Known as the “Warm Heart of Africa”, Malawi offers unparalleled hospitality, beautiful landscapes, and the stunning Lake Malawi.
But before you dive into the cultural and natural wonders of Malawi, you’ll need to understand the ins and outs of obtaining a Malawi Visit Visa.
In this article…
Who Needs a Visit Visa to Malawi?
However, nationals of select countries in Southern Africa are exempt.
Visa Application Process
Requirements for a Visit Visa
To apply for a Malawi visit visa, you’ll typically need:
- A passport with at least six months of validity beyond your planned departure date and at least two blank pages.
- A completed Malawi visa application form.
- Two recent passport-sized photos.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay.
- A detailed itinerary of your trip or a letter from your host in Malawi.
- A return or onward ticket.
- The visa fee.
- Prepare Your Documents: Gather all the necessary documents for your application.
- Submit Your Application: If you’re in a country with a Malawian embassy or consulate, you can apply in person. Alternatively, you can apply upon arrival at any port of entry or via mail if you’re from a country without a Malawian diplomatic mission.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the visa fee when you submit your application.
- Wait for Your Visa: If approved, your passport will be stamped with the visa.
- Travel to Malawi: Show your stamped passport upon arrival in Malawi.
Obtaining a Malawi Visit Visa is a relatively straightforward process, but it requires careful attention to detail.
Always ensure your paperwork is complete and up-to-date.
Consult the Malawi Immigration Department or the nearest Malawian consulate for the most current information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is a Malawi Visit Visa valid for?
A Malawi Visit Visa is typically valid for 90 days.
2. Can I extend my stay in Malawi?
Yes, you can apply for an extension at the Malawi Immigration Department before your visa expires.
3. Can I work in Malawi on a visit visa?
No, a visit visa does not permit you to work in Malawi. You’ll need a specific work permit for that.
With your visa in hand, the warm heart of Africa is ready to welcome you.
Have an incredible trip!