Home to a vibrant blend of African cultures, a rich history, stunning landscapes, and beautiful beaches, Angola is a rewarding destination for any intrepid traveler.
But before you start dreaming of your Angolan adventure, you need to be aware of the country’s visa requirements.
This guide provides you with a detailed step-by-step process to help you obtain your visit visa for Angola.
In this article…
To be eligible for a visit visa to Angola, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Angola and has at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- You must provide a detailed itinerary of your stay in Angola, including proof of accommodation and return tickets or onward journey tickets.
- You should possess proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Angola.
- You need a letter of invitation from a resident of Angola or a confirmed hotel reservation.
- Application Form: The first step is to fill out the application form. You can obtain this form from the official website of the Angolan embassy or consulate in your country.
- Documentation: Gather all necessary documents such as your valid passport, recent passport-sized photos, proof of accommodation in Angola, proof of sufficient funds, and your travel itinerary.
- Submission: Submit your completed application form along with the required documents to the Angolan embassy or consulate in your home country. In some countries, you can submit the application via an authorized visa application center.
- Fee Payment: Pay the visa application fee. The fee can vary depending on your country of residence and the duration of your planned stay in Angola.
- Wait for Approval: After your application has been submitted, it will take around 15-20 working days for the visa to be processed.
Applying for a visit visa to Angola requires careful preparation and patience.
It’s crucial to understand all the requirements and start the application process well in advance of your intended travel date.
Always refer to the Angolan embassy or consulate in your home country for the most accurate information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I apply for an Angolan visit visa online?
Currently, Angola does not offer an e-visa service. All applications must be submitted in person or through an authorized visa application center.
2. How long can I stay in Angola on a visit visa?
Typically, a visit visa allows a stay of up to 30 days. The duration of stay will be specified on your visa.
3. Can I extend my stay in Angola?
Yes, it’s possible to apply for an extension by contacting Angolan authorities while you are in the country. However, it’s advisable to apply well before your current visa expires.
4. Is travel insurance mandatory for a visit visa to Angola?
While it’s not mandatory, it’s highly recommended to have travel insurance during your stay in Angola to cover any unexpected medical emergencies or travel disruptions.
5. How valid is the Angolan visit visa?
The Angolan visit visa is typically valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
We hope this guide makes your visa application process smoother. Enjoy your trip to Angola!