What’s the Eligibility Criteria for Iceland Visa
Here are the eligibility criteria for an Iceland visa.
While some may think of Iceland as just another Nordic country, it actually is a destination unlike any other. Take the Þingvellir, for instance. It is one of only two places on the planet where you can see the tectonic plates meeting above the Earth’s surface, according to an article by Iceland Magazine. Apart from this, you can also find black sand beaches, glaciers located on top of volcanoes, majestic waterfalls and much more, right here.
Basic Visa Information for Iceland
The most important step to visit Iceland is to apply for a visa. For this, you need to fill the Icelandic Schengen Visa Application Form. A Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows you to stay in Iceland for the purposes of tourism, business, education, medical treatment and so on. With a Schengen visa, you can stay in Iceland for up to 90 days within a six-month period.
If you are planning to stay in Iceland for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a National Visa. In case you need to enter Iceland to change your means of transportation, then you can apply for a transit visa.
Eligibility and Requirements for Icelandic Visa
- For the purposes of tourism, you will need to submit some essential documents, such as copies of your passport, bank statements for the last three months, and an invitation letter from your friends or family living in Iceland (if applicable).
- In case of an Iceland business visa, you need an invitation letter from the company in Iceland you will be conducting business with. The contact details and the name of the company in Iceland are also needed.
- If you are traveling for medical treatment, you need to submit medical reports from your local doctor, and an appointment letter from a doctor or hospital in Iceland.
- For those traveling as members of an official delegation, a copy of the letter of invitation would be needed. You also need to provide proof of your identity, purpose of your visit, and details of your hotel reservations.
- In case of educational visits, a letter of acceptance from a recognized school or university in Iceland is necessary. You also need to provide certificates of your completed degree or any other course.
- If you are looking to transit through the country, all you need is an entry permit and a valid visa.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you need parental consent, as well as proof of parent’s employment.
What is the Iceland Visa Fee?
The visa processing fee for Iceland is €60 for adults and €35 for children aged between 6 and 12 years. The visa processing fee is exempted in some cases, such as for children below the age of 6, holders of diplomatic passports, spouse and children of EU citizens, etc. The processing time is around 15 days from the date of registration.
For more details about eligibility for an Iceland visit visa, it is best to consult the Icelandic embassy in your home country.
Or, join our Facebook Group and connect with others – Join