What are the Documents Required for Turkey Visit Visa
Here are the documents required to apply for a Turkey visa.
Straddling both Europe and Asia, Turkey is a melting pot of diverse cultures, vibrant food and rich history. The country also has some of the most enchanting landscapes, from the glorious Mediterranean coastline to the snowclad Taurus mountains. All this makes Turkey a joy for tourists from across the globe, attracting almost 37.6 million travelers in 2018, according to an article on Big Seven Travel.
To visit this unique country, depending upon your nationality, you will need to apply for a visit visa. A tourist visa or visitor visa allows a person to enter Turkey for the purposes of travel or business for a duration of up to 90 days, within a six-month period.
What Documents Do I Need for a Turkey Visit Visa?
The process of getting a visitor visa starts by making an appointment for visa pre-application on the website of the consular procedures of the Republic of Turkey. After getting your application ready, you also need to gather some necessary documents, as well as their photocopies. The documents required are:
- Your original passport, which must have at least two blank pages for the visa stamp, and should be valid for a minimum of two months after the completion of your intended stay in Turkey.
- The visa application form, accurately filled and signed. The form must be filled in block letters, using only blue or black ink.
- Two photographs, 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches in size, not older than six months.
- A detailed plan of your visit, detailing all the destinations you wish to travel to within Turkey, as well as evidence of your confirmed hotel bookings and flight bookings.
- Proof that you will be able to support yourself financially for the entire duration of your stay in Turkey. You should have at least $50 per day for the entire trip.
- Your salary slips and bank statements (signed by the bank) for the last three months.
- A cover letter, explaining the details of your trip, such as, the purpose of your visit and duration of stay.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), stating that you have no criminal record. This document is not required if you have traveled to the US, the UK, or any Schengen nation.
- Documents showing strong ties to your home country, which can be used to prove that you will return to your own country, after the completion of your trip.
- In case of minors, a document of consent from the parents is required.
- Medical insurance of at least $35,000, which is valid for the entire duration of the trip. The insurance must cover you for any kind of medical rescue, accidents and hospitalization.
- If you have been invited to Turkey, you will need to provide a letter of invitation. You also need to provide personal and contact details of the person who has invited you, your relation to them, as well as proof of their financial ability to sponsor you.
It is important to check all the forms and documents thoroughly before submitting, since any mistakes could lead to your visa application being rejected.
Or, join our Facebook Group and connect with others – Join