Requirements & Eligibility for Turkey Visa
Here are the requirements for a visa to Turkey.
Located right in the heart of Western Asia and Southeastern Europe, Turkey offers the best of both continents. The ruins of the Roman Empire, the beaches of Antalya and the fairy chimneys of Gerome make Turkey a dream destination for any tourist. Tourist visits to Turkey has been growing each year, with almost 10 million tourists visiting the nation between January 1 and August 22 of 2019, an increase of 17.6% from the same period a year ago, according to an article on Hurriyet Daily News.
Visiting Turkey requires you to make an appointment for the visa pre-application on the website of consular procedures of the Republic of Turkey. A Turkish visit visa allows you to travel to the nation for the purposes of tourism or business, for a period of up to 90 days, during a 180-day period.
Eligibility for Turkey Visit Visa
Citizens of certain countries are eligible for the e-visa, provided you fulfill certain conditions, such as:
- Your passport should remain valid for the entire duration of stay, and for at least two months after the completion of your stay.
- You should be able to prove that you have a return ticket, hotel reservations for your trip, and at least $50 per day for the entire trip.
- You need to be traveling for the purposes of leisure or business.
- You need to submit valid supporting documents, such as a valid visa or a valid residence permit from a Schengen country, USA, the UK or Ireland.
What are Visa Requirements for Turkey
Listed below are the requirements for a Turkish visit visa:
- Your original passport, your visa application form, completely filled and signed, and two photographs, 2.5 X 2.5 inches in size. Your photographs should not be older than six months.
- Your travel itinerary, detailing all the destinations you will be traveling to within Turkey. You also need be to provide confirmation of your hotel and flight bookings.
- Salary slips and bank statements for the last three months. The bank statements must be signed by the bank.
- Travel insurance for the entire duration of your trip. The insurance must be of at least $35,000 and must cover you for any kind of hospitalization or rescue.
- For those who have not traveled to the US, UK, or any Schengen area, a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is required.
- For those under the age of 18, a document of consent is required from their parents.
- If you are going for the purposes of attending an educational course, a letter of acceptance from the educational institution is required.
- If you have been invited to Turkey by a friend or relative, a letter of invitation, detailing the name as well as contact details of the person or organization inviting you needs to be submitted.
- If you are traveling to conduct an archeological excavation or for shooting a documentary, then special permissions must be taken from the Turkish authorities, prior to your visit.
For further information, it is best to consult your nearest Turkish consulate to help you through the process of visa application.