Surrounded entirely by South Africa, Lesotho is a hidden gem in southern Africa, boasting breathtaking mountain landscapes, rich history, and unique culture.
If you’re considering a visit to the ‘Kingdom in the Sky’, this guide will explain the process of obtaining a visit visa to Lesotho.
In this article…
Who Needs a Visit Visa to Lesotho?
Lesotho allows citizens from many countries to visit visa-free for up to 14 days. However, citizens from other countries do require a visa.
Check the Lesotho Ministry of Home Affairs website for the complete list of countries whose citizens need visas.
Visa Application Process
Requirements for a Visit Visa
To apply for a Lesotho visit visa, you will need:
- A passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry.
- A fully completed visa application form.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Proof of sufficient funds for your stay (bank statements).
- Proof of accommodation for the duration of your stay.
- A detailed travel itinerary.
- Payment of the visa application fee.
- Prepare Your Documents: Gather all the required documents for your application.
- Submit Your Application: Visit the nearest Lesotho Embassy or Consulate in your country to submit your visa application. You may also apply via a reputable visa handling agency.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the necessary fee when submitting your application. The fee can vary, so check with your nearest embassy or consulate.
- Receive Your Visa: If your application is successful, the visa will be stamped into your passport.
Obtaining a Lesotho visit visa is a relatively straightforward process provided you have all the necessary documents and meet the requirements.
For the most current and accurate information, always refer to the Lesotho Ministry of Home Affairs or your nearest Lesotho embassy or consulate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is the Lesotho visit visa valid for?
A Lesotho visit visa is typically valid for a maximum stay of 30 days.
2. Can I extend my stay in Lesotho?
Yes, you can apply for a visa extension at the Lesotho Department of Immigration in Maseru. Extensions are granted at the discretion of the department.
3. Can I work in Lesotho on a visit visa?
No, a visit visa does not permit you to work in Lesotho. A work permit is required for any form of employment.
Embark on a unique African adventure by planning your trip to Lesotho.
Following this guide will assist you in the visa application process and soon enough, you’ll be ready to explore all that this ‘Kingdom in the Sky’ has to offer.