Madagascar, the world’s fourth largest island, is a paradise of unique biodiversity, crystal-clear waters, and stunning landscapes.
It’s a must-visit for nature lovers and explorers.
However, before you pack your bags and board a flight, it’s important to understand the process of obtaining a Visit Visa to Madagascar.
In this article…
Who Needs a Visit Visa to Madagascar?
Visa Application Process
Requirements for a Visit Visa
To apply for a Madagascar visit visa, you will typically need:
- A passport valid for at least six months beyond your planned departure date.
- A completed Madagascar visa application form if applying before arrival.
- Proof of enough funds to cover your stay.
- A confirmed return or onward ticket.
- Payment of the visa fee.
- Prepare Your Documents: Gather all the required documents for your application.
- Apply for an eVisa: Apply for an eVisa through the official Madagascar eVisa website. You’ll need to fill out the application form, upload your passport’s data page, and pay the visa fee.
- Receive Your eVisa: Your eVisa will be emailed to you, which you should print out and carry with you to Madagascar.
- Arrive in Madagascar: Show your eVisa and passport upon arrival.
You also have the option of obtaining a visa on arrival at the airport. However, to ensure a smooth process, an eVisa is recommended.
While visiting the enchanting island of Madagascar, be sure to comply with all visa requirements.
Doing so will ensure a seamless and enjoyable travel experience.
Always consult the Madagascar Immigration Website or your nearest consulate for the most current information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can I stay in Madagascar with a visit visa?
A Madagascar visit visa usually allows a stay of up to 90 days.
2. Can I extend my stay in Madagascar?
Yes, you can apply for an extension at the Immigration Office in Antananarivo.
3. Can I work in Madagascar on a visit visa?
No, a visit visa does not permit you to take up employment in Madagascar. A specific work visa is required for employment.
Your adventure in the rich biodiversity of Madagascar awaits.
Remember to sort out your visa requirements well in advance for a stress-free journey.