Home to a blend of modern Arab culture and ancient civilization, Bahrain, the island kingdom in the Persian Gulf, is an increasingly popular tourist destination.
This article outlines the application process and requirements for a Bahrain visit visa.
In this article…
Who Needs a Visit Visa to Bahrain?
Citizens from several countries, including EU member states, the US, and Canada, can obtain a visa upon arrival or apply for an eVisa online.
For others, a pre-arranged visit visa is required.
Types of Bahrain Visit Visas
There are several types of Bahrain visit visas, depending on the purpose and duration of the visit:
- Tourist Visa: This visa is for leisure tourism purposes, and it’s typically valid for up to two weeks, extendable for another two weeks.
- Visit eVisa: This visa is valid for a month and can be applied for online.
Bahrain Visit Visa Application Process
For a Bahrain visit visa, you generally need:
- A passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry.
- Completed visa application form.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Proof of return or onward travel, such as flight tickets.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of the stay.
- A letter stating the purpose of the visit.
Application Steps for Bahrain Visit Visa
- Complete the Application Form: Fill in the visa application form, which can be found on the official Bahrain eVisa website.
- Compile Required Documents: Gather all necessary documents as specified.
- Apply Online or at the Embassy: If you’re eligible, you can apply online. If not, submit your application at the nearest Bahrain embassy or consulate.
- Pay the Fee: Pay the application fee online or at the embassy.
- Wait for Processing: The processing time varies but typically takes 3 to 5 working days for an eVisa and longer for an embassy visa.
A trip to Bahrain requires careful planning and understanding of the visa process.
Stay up-to-date with the visa requirements by checking the official Bahrain eVisa website or the nearest Bahrain embassy or consulate.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. How long can I stay in Bahrain on a visit visa?
The duration of stay varies based on the visa type, but a tourist visa generally allows a stay of up to two weeks, extendable for another two weeks.
3. Can I work in Bahrain with a visit visa?
No, a visit visa does not allow you to work in Bahrain. To work, you would need a work visa.
4. What is the validity of a Bahrain visit visa?
The validity depends on the type of visa. A tourist visa is typically valid for two weeks, while an eVisa is valid for one month.
Always consult the official sources or the nearest Bahraini diplomatic mission for the most accurate and current information.