Are you dreaming about strolling along the white sandy beaches of Cape Verde, or hiking through its rugged mountains?
This archipelago nation off Africa’s west coast is a haven for beach lovers and adventurers alike.
But before you can soak up the sun in Sal or savor the unique Cape Verdean culture, you’ll need to arrange your visit visa. T
his guide will walk you through the process of obtaining a visit visa to Cape Verde.
In this article…
Who Needs a Visit Visa to Cape Verde?
However, if you plan to stay longer than 30 days, you will need to apply for a visa.
To get the most accurate information, it’s always best to check the official Cape Verde government website.
If You Need a Visa
- You must hold a passport that’s valid for at least six months beyond your intended departure date from Cape Verde, with at least one blank page for visa endorsement.
- You should be able to provide evidence of a return ticket or a ticket for onward travel.
- Proof of accommodation arrangements in Cape Verde is required.
- Evidence of adequate financial resources for the duration of your stay is necessary.
- Application Form: Obtain the application form from the Cape Verde embassy or consulate in your home country. Some embassies offer the option to apply online.
- Documentation: Alongside the completed form, you need to submit your valid passport, two recent passport-sized photos, a copy of your return or onward ticket, proof of accommodation in Cape Verde, and evidence of sufficient funds.
- Submission: Submit your application and required documents to the Cape Verde embassy or consulate in your country.
- Fee Payment: Pay the visa application fee. The fee varies depending on your nationality and the type of visa you’re applying for.
- Wait for Approval: The processing time for a Cape Verde visa can vary from a few days to a few weeks. Therefore, it’s best to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates.
While obtaining a visit visa for Cape Verde might involve some paperwork, the end result is worth it: you’ll soon be able to enjoy the country’s beautiful landscapes, welcoming culture, and warm tropical climate.
Remember, for the most up-to-date information, always refer to the official Cape Verde government website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I get a visa on arrival in Cape Verde?
Visa on arrival is available for some nationalities but it’s always best to check with the official Cape Verde government website for the most accurate information.
2. How long can I stay in Cape Verde on a visit visa?
Typically, a visit visa allows you to stay in Cape Verde for up to 90 days, but this can vary depending on the specifics of your visa.
3. Can I extend my visa once in Cape Verde?
Yes, it is possible to apply for a visa extension through the immigration authority in Cape Verde, before your current visa expires.
4. Is travel insurance necessary for visiting Cape Verde?
While not a requirement for the visa, travel insurance is strongly recommended for all international travel.
5. How long is the Cape Verde visit visa valid for?
The Cape Verde visit visa is usually valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
Pack your bags, Cape Verde is waiting to enchant you with its unique blend of African, Portuguese, and Brazilian influences.