Cabo Verde, or Cape Verde, is an archipelago of ten volcanic islands situated in the central Atlantic Ocean.
Before setting sail, though, travelers must familiarize themselves with the visa process.
This guide provides an in-depth view of the Cabo Verde visit visa application process and requirements.
In this article…
Visa Requirements: Who Needs a Cabo Verde Visit Visa?
The visa requirements for Cabo Verde depend on the traveler’s nationality.
Other nationals, however, must apply for a visa prior to arrival. Always verify your visa requirements by checking the official Cabo Verde government portal.
Understanding the Cabo Verde Visit Visa
A Cabo Verde visit visa, also known as a Tourist Visa, is a single-entry visa that allows the holder to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
For longer stays, visitors must apply for an extension once in the country.
The Cabo Verde Visit Visa Application Process
Step 1: Gather Your Documents
The first step in the application process is to prepare the required documents. These include:
- Passport: Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your planned exit date from Cabo Verde, with at least two blank pages.
- Completed Visa Application Form: Download this form from the Cabo Verde embassy or consulate website in your country.
- Photographs: Two recent passport-sized photographs are required.
- Proof of Accommodation: Provide evidence of where you’ll be staying during your visit, such as a hotel booking or a letter of invitation from a resident of Cabo Verde.
- Flight Itinerary: Present a copy of your round-trip flight booking or itinerary.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Show that you have enough funds to cover your stay in Cabo Verde, such as recent bank statements.
Step 2: Submit Your Application
After preparing your documents, submit your application to the nearest Cabo Verde embassy or consulate.
It’s advisable to check if you need to book an appointment in advance.
Step 3: Pay the Visa Fee
Upon submitting your application, you’ll be asked to pay the visa application fee. The fee varies depending on the country, so check the current rate with the embassy or consulate.
Step 4: Wait for Visa Processing
Your application will then be processed, which may take up to 15 working days. It is recommended to apply well in advance of your travel date to accommodate for any unexpected delays.
Step 5: Collect Your Visa
If your visa is approved, the embassy or consulate will notify you, and you can collect your passport with the visa sticker inside.
Key Points to Note in Your Application
Accuracy is crucial in your application. Ensure all your documents are valid and that the information you provide is correct. Inaccurate information can lead to your application being rejected.
Depending on your reason for visiting Cabo Verde, other documents may be required.
If you are going for specific reasons such as medical treatment or participation in cultural or sporting events, you should check with the embassy or consulate to determine if you need additional documentation.
While the process of applying for a Cabo Verde visit visa can seem complicated, understanding the necessary steps and requirements can simplify it greatly.
For the most current and accurate information, always refer to the official Cabo Verde government portal.
Once your visa is approved, you can immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and stunning landscapes of Cabo Verde.
Enjoy your journey!