Tucked away in Eastern Europe, Belarus is a gem filled with intricate architecture, charming old towns, and a rich history that echoes in its streets.
If you’re gearing up for a trip to this captivating country, you will need to understand the process of applying for a Belarus visit visa.
This guide is here to walk you through it.
In this article…
Who Needs a Visit Visa to Belarus?
However, if you’re planning to stay longer or enter via a different point, you will need a visa.
Always confirm your visa requirements from the official Belarus Ministry of Foreign Affairs website or your nearest Belarus embassy or consulate.
Types of Belarus Visit Visas
Belarus offers a Short-Term Visa (Type C) for tourists, business visitors, or private visits that are up to 90 days in a year.
Belarus Visit Visa Application Process
The general requirements for a Belarus visit visa include:
- A passport valid for at least three months beyond your intended departure date.
- A filled-in visa application form.
- One recent passport-sized photo.
- A letter of invitation from a Belarusian tour operator, or a confirmation of your hotel reservation.
- Medical insurance worth at least €10,000, valid in Belarus during the whole duration of stay.
- Proof of sufficient funds – at least €20 per day.
Application Steps for Belarus Visit Visa
- Complete the Application Form: Fill in the visa application form, which is available on the Belarus Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website.
- Compile Required Documents: Gather all necessary documents as specified.
- Submit Your Application: Applications must be submitted to a Belarus consulate or embassy in your country. If there’s no diplomatic mission in your country, applications can be submitted directly to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Minsk, Belarus.
- Pay the Visa Fee: The fee varies depending on your nationality. Payment is made at the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for Visa Processing: Visa processing typically takes 5-7 business days.
Securing a Belarus visit visa involves careful preparation and an understanding of the process.
Always consult official sources or your nearest Belarusian embassy or consulate for the most accurate information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I extend my stay in Belarus?
Yes, you can apply for an extension of your stay at the local passport and visa office in Belarus.
2. Can I work in Belarus with a visit visa?
No, a visit visa does not allow you to take up employment in Belarus.
3. Is Belarus safe for tourists?
Yes, Belarus is generally safe for tourists. However, it’s always important to stay alert and follow basic safety measures.
Visa requirements can change quickly, so it’s always best to check the official Belarus Ministry of Foreign Affairs website or with your nearest Belarusian embassy or consulate.