Bolivia, nestled in the heart of South America, is an unspoiled wonder of nature and culture.
Known for its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant indigenous culture, this landlocked gem has something to offer every type of traveler.
But to explore Bolivia’s wonders, foreign visitors may require a visit visa.
In this article…
Do You Need a Visit Visa for Bolivia?
Citizens of several countries, including the European Union member states, do not need a visa for tourist visits up to 90 days per year.
Bolivia Visit Visa
The visa for Bolivia is a Tourist Visa for a stay of up to 90 days, extendable for the same period.
Bolivia Visit Visa Application Process
The requirements for a Bolivia visit visa include:
- A passport valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay.
- Completed visa application form.
- Two passport-sized photos.
- Proof of financial solvency (bank statements, etc.).
- Proof of a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from a Bolivian host.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination (if visited a yellow fever area within three months prior).
Application Steps for Bolivia Visit Visa
- Prepare Your Documents: Gather all the necessary documents listed in the requirements.
- Submit Your Application: Depending on your country of residence, you may be able to apply for the visa online, by mail, or in-person at the Bolivian embassy or consulate. Check the official Bolivian embassy website in your country for specific instructions.
- Pay the Visa Fee: The visa fee varies by country, so check with the Bolivian embassy or consulate in your home country for the correct amount.
- Wait for Approval: Processing times can vary, but typically it takes between 5 to 10 business days.
- Receive Your Visa: Once your visa is approved, it will be affixed to your passport.
Venturing to Bolivia is a journey into a captivating land of rich cultures and breathtaking natural beauty.
Understanding the visa application process is the first step towards your Bolivian adventure.
Always ensure to check the latest visa information from the official Bolivian embassy website in your home country before planning your trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get a visa on arrival in Bolivia?
Yes, citizens of certain countries can obtain a visa on arrival. However, it is always best to secure a visa before traveling.
2. What is the duration of a Bolivia tourist visa?
The Bolivia tourist visa typically allows a stay of up to 90 days, which can be extended for an additional 90 days.
3. Can I work on a tourist visa in Bolivia?
No, tourist visas do not permit holders to engage in paid work. If you intend to work in Bolivia, you need to apply for a work visa.