From exploring the old Ottoman city of Mostar to enjoying the buzzing nightlife of Sarajevo, there’s so much to see and do.
If you’re planning a visit, you might need a visa, depending on your nationality.
In this article…
Do You Need a Visit Visa for Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Citizens of the EU, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, and several other countries can enter Bosnia and Herzegovina visa-free for tourist stays of up to 90 days within 180 days. Other nationalities require a visa to enter the country.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Visit Visa
The Bosnia and Herzegovina Visit Visa is for short stays (up to 90 days within 180 days) for tourism, visiting friends or family, and other non-business activities.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Visit Visa Application Process
The general requirements for a Bosnia and Herzegovina Visit Visa include:
- A valid passport with at least three months’ validity beyond the planned stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Completed application form.
- Two recent passport-sized photos.
- Travel itinerary or return flight ticket.
- Proof of accommodation (hotel reservation or letter of invitation).
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the stay.
- Travel medical insurance covering the entire stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Application Steps for Bosnia and Herzegovina Visit Visa
- Prepare Your Documents: Gather all the required documents mentioned above.
- Submit Your Application: Apply at the Bosnia and Herzegovina embassy or consulate in your home country. The application can be submitted in person or by mail.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the visa fee at the embassy/consulate. The exact fee can vary depending on your nationality.
- Wait for Approval: Visa processing can take up to 15 days, but it may take longer in some cases.
- Receive Your Visa: Once approved, you will receive your visa, which will be affixed in your passport.
Bosnia and Herzegovina is an exciting destination with a lot to offer visitors.
Its complex history, stunning nature, and friendly locals make it a country worth visiting. By understanding the visa process, you’ll be well on your way to exploring this fascinating destination.
Remember, always check the Bosnia and Herzegovina embassy or consulate in your home country for the most updated information before planning your trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can I stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina with a visit visa?
The visit visa allows you to stay for up to 90 days within 180 days.
2. Can I extend my stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Yes, but you need to apply for an extension at the local immigration office before your current visa expires.
3. Can I work in Bosnia and Herzegovina with a visit visa?
No, the visit visa does not permit paid work. If you plan to work, you should apply for a work visa.