Kazakhstan, the world’s ninth-largest country, beckons travelers with its mesmerizing landscapes, distinctive culture, and rich history.
Whether you’re enticed by the metropolitan allure of Almaty and Nur-Sultan or the rugged beauty of its endless steppes and towering peaks, Kazakhstan is a destination that does not disappoint.
However, before packing your bags, there are some key points to understand about the Kazakhstan visit visa application process and requirements.
In this article…
Visa Policy of Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan’s visa policy offers several types of visas depending on the purpose of the visit.
There are also certain countries whose citizens can enter Kazakhstan without a visa or can obtain a visa on arrival.
It is advisable to check the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan to verify your country’s status in terms of visa requirements.
The Visit Visa
The Visit Visa, or B category visa, is divided into two subclasses:
- B1 Visa: For business purposes.
- B2 Visa: For tourism, participation in conferences, seminars, cultural, sports, and other events.
This guide focuses on the B2 Visa subclass intended for tourists and participants in various events.
The B2 Visit Visa Application Process
Step 1: Determine if You Need a Visa
Before starting the application process, check if your country has a visa-free agreement with Kazakhstan. You can find this information on the official website.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
These are the general documents required for the Kazakhstan Visit Visa:
- Valid Passport: Ensure that your passport has at least two blank pages and is valid for at least six months beyond the duration of your stay in Kazakhstan.
- Completed Application Form: This can be downloaded from the official website of the embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Passport-Sized Photos: Provide two recent passport-sized color photographs.
- Proof of Travel: Include a detailed itinerary of your travel plans within Kazakhstan and return flight tickets.
- Proof of Accommodation: Evidence of where you will be staying during your trip, like a hotel booking or a letter from a host.
- Financial Evidence: Bank statements or other evidence showing that you have sufficient funds to support your stay.
- Health Insurance: You must present proof of a valid health insurance policy covering the duration of your stay.
Step 3: Submit the Application
Step 4: Pay the Visa Fee
The visa fee will depend on your nationality and the duration of the visa. It is usually payable at the embassy or consulate where you submit your application.
Step 5: Wait for the Visa to be Processed
The processing time for a Kazakhstan visa can vary but generally takes between 5-10 business days.
Step 6: Collect Your Visa
Upon approval, your passport will be returned to you with a visa sticker inside. If denied, you will receive a letter detailing the reasons for the refusal.
Q1: Can my visa be extended while in Kazakhstan?
Yes, it is possible to extend your visa. However, you need to apply for the extension with the migration police before your current visa expires.
Q2: Can I work on a B2 visa in Kazakhstan?
No, the B2 visa does not permit you to undertake paid work in Kazakhstan. If you intend to work in Kazakhstan, you need to apply for a work visa.
Q3: What happens if I overstay my visa in Kazakhstan?
Overstaying your visa in Kazakhstan can result in fines and future travel bans. It is crucial to abide by the dates specified on your visa.
In conclusion, the application process for a Kazakhstan visit visa requires careful preparation.
Always check the most recent information on the official Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Happy planning and enjoy your visit to Kazakhstan!