Greece Visit Visa – Who is Eligible, Requirements
Who is eligible for Greek visa? Let's find out.
Greece is often called the cradle of the Western civilization, and is home to a wide variety of cultural and historical destinations that are sure to blow you away. Along with this, Greece is also blessed with pristine beaches, amazing cliffs and the beautiful Mediterranean weather. In recent years, the country has also become a popular spot for LGBT tourism, especially Athens and Thessalonica. All this has resulted in the tourism industry booming in the country, employing 411,100 people in 2018, according to a study by the Institute of the Greek Tourism Confederation (INSETE).
The first step in planning a holiday in this beautiful nation is to apply for a Greek Schengen Visa. The procedure of getting a Greek visa starts by filling the Schengen Visa Application Form.
What is Schengen Visa to Greece?
A Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows you to stay for a duration of up to 90 days in any of the countries bound by the Schengen Agreement. If you wish to stay in Greece for longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for the national visa of Greece.
Eligibility and Requirements for Greek Visa
To get a visa for Greece, you will need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria and provide mandatory documents. Here’s a look.
- If you are traveling to Greece for the purposes of tourism, you will need to submit copies of your passport, financial documents proving your ability to support your stay in Greece, as well as an invitation letter from your friends or family living in Greece (if applicable).
- If your travel is business-related, you will need a letter of invitation from the company you will be visiting. The document should have the company’s details as well as your dates of travel. A certificate from your employer, approving your visit, partnership documents, trade license, etc., would also be required.
- If traveling for medical purposes, you will need medical reports from your local doctor and an appointment letter from a hospital in Greece. You will also need to produce details of the treatment, such as its length and cost.
- For those applying for a Greek transit visa, proof of travel arrangements as well as a visa for your final destination would be required.
- For official delegates, proof of invitation and other general details, such as identity of the applicant, purpose of stay, duration as well as place of accommodation, would be needed.
- If traveling to participate in an event, details of the event, such as date and venue of the event are needed. You will also have to provide a proof of invitation and details of your stay.
- If traveling to Greece for internship, study or research purposes, you will need to provide the enrollment slip and the attendance allowance proof.
Why is a Schengen Visa to Greece Rejected?
Although there can be many reasons for denial of a Schengen visa, the most common reasons are invalid documents, criminal record and failing to provide strong enough reasons for your travel to Greece.
For further details, you can always contact the nearest Greek consulate to help you through the application process.
Recommended Plans For Your Travel